LIMIT THE SPREAD OF GERMS
TO PREVENT INFECTION
Have a general question about
COVID-19? Call the DHEC Care Line at
1-855-472-3432 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily.
- Store additional supplies of food and water.
- Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
- Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
- Get copies and maintain electronic versions of health records from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other sources and store them, for personal reference. Get help accessing electronic health records.
- Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
During A Pandemic
Limit the Spread of Germs and Prevent Infection
- Please be sure to follow public health guidance.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
- Coronavirus (FEMA)
- Coronavirus (Federal Government Response)
- Coronavirus (CDC)
- Coronavirus (EPA)
- Talking with Children About Coronavirus Disease (CDC)